JSC National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom” (“Kazatomprom” or “the Company”), actual address: 17/12 building, Syganak street, Z05T1X3, Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, hereby notifies Company shareholders of its absentee Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (the “Meeting"), convened at the initiative of the Kazatomprom Board of Directors (Minutes No. 11/21 dated 24 September 2021) on the basis of Articles 35-41, 43-47, 49-52 the Republic of Kazakhstan Law "On Joint Stock Companies".
Agenda of the Extraordinary General Meeting
- On the composition of the Board of Directors of NAC Kazatomprom JSC.
In connection with the termination of powers of Galymzhan Pirmatov as the Chair of Kazatomprom’s Management Board, and the appointment of Mazhit Sharipov as the Chair of Kazatomprom’s Management Board, the Meeting will consider the termination of G. Pirmatov’s powers as a member of Kazatomprom’s Board of Directors according to his resignation letter and prior to the end of his term, and the election of M. Sharipov as a new member of Kazatomprom’s Board of Directors for a period ending upon expiration of the term of office of Kazatomprom’s Board of Directors as a whole.
Start date for ballot submission: 01 November 2021.
Closing date for ballot submission: 09 November 2021, 6:00 pm (Nur-Sultan time).
Date of absentee vote counting: 10 November 2021, up to 6:00 pm (Nur-Sultan time).
Date and time when the list of shareholders entitled to participate in the Meeting will be compiled: 01 October 2021, 00 hours 00 minutes (Nur-Sultan time).
Materials for the Meeting according to the agenda will be available to shareholders no later than 10 days before the date of the meeting, at the Company’s headquarters at the following address: Room 11, Floor 18, 17/12, Syganak Str., Yessil District, Nur-Sultan, Z05T1X3, Republic of Kazakhstan, on any working day from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm (Nur-Sultan time). Upon request, physical copies of the agenda materials will be sent within 3 business days of receipt of the request, with the costs related to compilation and delivery of the documents being borne by the shareholder. Requests from the shareholders of the Company must be received at the actual address of the Company, in the way prescribed by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The notice of the upcoming Meeting will also be available on the Company’s website in compliance with the Law “On Joint Stock Companies” and the Company’s Charter.
The Company hereby invites shareholders of Kazatomprom to review the following meeting procedures.
- When voting by an absentee ballot, a shareholder shall indicate his/her full name/name of a legal entity, the number of voting shares, and shall choose one of the voting options.
- An absentee ballot shall be signed by a shareholder – an individual (a representative of a shareholder – an individual), who shall indicate his/her identity document (ID / passport number, date of issue, issuing authority, and individual identification number (IIN)). A shareholder shall also provide a copy of his/her identity document.
- Absentee voting ballot of a shareholder - a legal entity shall be signed by its CEO (a representative of a shareholder – legal entity).
- A ballot which is not signed by a shareholder – an individual, or the CEO of a shareholder - a legal entity or a representative of a shareholder – an individual, or a representative of a shareholder – legal entity, shall be deemed invalid.
- Only one voting option shall be marked in the ballot.
- The absentee ballot must be received by the Company or delivered by courier to the office of Kazatomprom at the address: 17/12, Syganak Str., Yessil District, Nur-Sultan, Z05T1X3, Republic of Kazakhstan, by 9 November 2021, at 6:00 pm.
- If an absentee ballot is signed by a shareholder’s representative, a copy of the power of attorney or other document confirming the authority of the representative of the shareholder shall be attached.
- For vote counting, only those votes on the agenda items are counted where a shareholder (or a representative of a shareholder) followed the procedure of voting prescribed in the ballot, and only one of the voting options was marked.
- The Meeting may consider and make decisions on the agenda items only if the shareholders (or representatives of shareholders), included in the list of shareholders entitled to participate and vote, and owning in total fifty or more percent of voting shares of the Company, were registered as of the date or on the closing date for submission of ballots.
- The list of the Company’s shareholders entitled to participate and vote at the Meeting is compiled by the Central Securities Depository JSC based on the data of Kazatomprom’s shareholders register system.
- If, after compiling a list of shareholders entitled to participate and vote at the Meeting, a person included in such a list alienated his/her voting shares, the right to participate in the Meeting is transferred to a new shareholder. In such a case, the documents confirming the ownership of the shares shall be submitted.
- Any shareholder of Kazatomprom has the right to participate in the management of the Company in the manner prescribed by Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Joint-Stock Companies” and (or) the Charter of the Company.
- The holders of Global Depositary Receipts are entitled to vote at the Meeting on behalf of the beneficial owners in relation to the deposited shares, provided that identification and other information required by the applicable Kazakhstan law on such beneficial owners, has been submitted to the Central Securities Depository JSC through the Depositary (Citibank NA).
For further information, please contact:
Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders Inquiries
Maira Tnymbergenova, Corporate Secretary
Tel: +7 7172 45 81 63
Kazatomprom Investor Relations Inquiries
Cory Kos, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +7 7172 45 81 80
Kazatomprom Public Relations and Media Inquiries
Torgyn Mukayeva, Chief Expert, GR & PR
Tel: +7 7172 45 80 63
A copy of this announcement will be made available at www.kazatomprom.kz.
Kazatomprom is the world's largest producer of uranium, with the Company’s attributable production representing approximately 23% of global primary uranium production in 2020. The Group benefits from the largest reserve base in the industry and operates, through its subsidiaries, JVs and Associates, 26 deposits grouped into 14 mining assets. All of the Company’s mining operations are located in Kazakhstan and mined using ISR technology with a focus on maintaining industry-leading health, safety and environment standards (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 certified).
Kazatomprom securities are listed on the London Stock Exchange and Astana International Exchange. As the national atomic company in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Group's primary customers are operators of nuclear generation capacity, and the principal export markets for the Group's products are China, South and Eastern Asia, Europe and North America. The Group sells uranium and uranium products under long-term contracts, short-term contracts, as well as in the spot market, directly from its headquarters in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, and through its Switzerland-based trading subsidiary, Trade House KazakAtom AG (THK).
For more information, please see the Company website at http://www.kazatomprom.kz
All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this communication or document are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements give the Company’s current expectations and projections relating to its financial condition, results of operations, plans, objectives, future performance and business. These statements may include, without limitation, any statements preceded by, followed by or including words such as “target,” “believe,” “expect,” “aim,” “intend,” “may,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “plan,” “project,” “will,” “can have,” “likely,” “should,” “would,” “could” and other words and terms of similar meaning or the negative thereof. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors beyond the Company’s control that could cause the Company’s actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from the expected results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on numerous assumptions regarding the Company’s present and future business strategies and the environment in which it will operate in the future. THE INFORMATION WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROJECTIONS PRESENTED HEREIN IS BASED ON A NUMBER OF ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS AND IS SUBJECT TO SIGNIFICANT ECONOMIC AND COMPETITIVE UNCERTAINTY AND OTHER CONTINGENCIES, NONE OF WHICH CAN BE PREDICTED WITH ANY CERTAINTY AND SOME OF WHICH ARE BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE COMPANY. THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCES THAT THE PROJECTIONS WILL BE REALISED, AND ACTUAL RESULTS MAY BE HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THOSE INDICATED. NONE OF THE COMPANY NOR ITS SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ADVISORS OR AFFILIATES, OR ANY REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES OF THE FOREGOING, ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE PROJECTIONS PRESENTED HEREIN. The information contained in this communication or document, including but not limited to forward-looking statements, applies only as of the date hereof and is not intended to give any assurances as to future results. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to disseminate any updates or revisions to such information, including any financial data or forward-looking statements, and will not publicly release any revisions it may make to the Information that may result from any change in the Company’s expectations, any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which these forward-looking statements are based, or other events or circumstances arising after the date hereof.